keto zuppa toscana soup nutrition facts

I generally freeze my Toscana … I love this recipe. Been recently diagnosed with diabetes and have to really watch the carbs. The Jicama was like a uncooked potato in the soup. It really did taste just like Olive Garden’s (minus the potato, of course). I will definitely be making this again it was so yummy! I can’t wait to taste what’ll it’ll be tomorrow-friday for lunches. My family had NO IDEA that I swapped the potatoes for sliced turnips – they take on all the flavors of the soup and the texture is just like a potato! This soup … I make it all the time. Great recipe. Low-Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup . I also used Trader Joe’s organic baby kale & didn’t need to chop it since it’s small. What to serve with Zuppa Toscana soup. Truly outstanding! It was delicious! Full of flavor! I have made this with cauliflower and love it! I shouldn’t complain because life is great, but I was just starting to get used to the idea of it started to get cooler. So delicious! I’m going to make it again this week and add some beans for more protein. Sausage, onions, garlic, juicy tomatoes, spinach, all go together in a creamy base that’s irresistible. It was so delicious! I will definitely make this again! Thanks so much for this recipe! <3. Place the lid on the pot and cook for 15 minutes. They didn’t even know it was kale! It features a creamy chicken broth base, kale, aromatic Italian spices, and pumpkin. Thank you for posting! Next time I will use Italian sausage. It’s a perfect, satisfying dinner and keeps my carbs and protein low per serving. I browned the sausage on saute mode, added onions until translucent, then garlic. Here’s a very easy way to create a keto-friendly Zuppa Toscana soup. Definitely my new go to soup! I added almond milk and 2 dollops of cream cheese instead of heavy cream and added some chopped yellow squash. My only change was to use spinach instead of kale. I’m looking forward to trying this version! Thanks so much! I made it as directed but on the stove top because I was too hungry to wait 4 hours. When you are on a keto diet, that is not something you are going to be able to have. This healthy Zuppa Toscana is one of my favorite keto soup recipes because it is super delicious AND extremely easy to make. Calories in easy feeds all italian casserole. It’s healthy, it’s delicious, and it’s made low carb! Yes! This is so delish!! In a large, heavy bottomed pot, cook the cut bacon pieces until crispy. Add everything as stated in the instructions, and I would cook it over medium heat for 20-30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Gal on a Mission is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Also used Imagine vegetarian no-chicken broth. And I added a ton of kale, way over the 3 cups. I use the instant pot for soups more than anything else. Easy Keto Zuppa Toscana Recipe. I didn’t have Any on hand this time. I used white wine for half the liquid and used it to deglaze the pan after cooking the onions. Non Keto eaters approved. I substituted spinach instead of the kale which worked out fine! I don’t eat meat so used Trader Joe’s veggie Italian sausage & ground it in a food processor. Loved it! It is AMAZING! I made a very slight changes. I used mild sausage and that was enough heat for me. Just do your sauteeing on the stovetop and cook on low in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours or until the turnip is tender. I did add a little more Red Pepper flakes to get it up a notch, but Definitely making this on daily basis. Heck yes! It’s packed with all the goodies, is totally dairy-free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant, and even has a low carb keto … Adjust the heat to medium and add Chicken broth, oregano, cauliflower, salt and pepper. It’s filled with kale, bacon, sausage, roasted cauliflower immersed in a creamy broth. Cauliflower is a great potato substitute and will work wonderfully in this recipe. This soup is my husband’s favorite from Olive Garden! It’s delicious, guilt-free comfort food. Yes, you can freeze Zuppa Toscana. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. I haven’t tried this in the Instant Pot yet, Tricia. It’s flavorful and hearty enough that you don’t miss the potatoes at all (I’m a carboholic, so that’s saying something), and it’s the only way I’ve found yet to get my teenagers to willingly eat kale. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Excited to have my next bowl! This Copycat Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe is loaded with sausage, bacon, cauliflower and kale. Otherwise , I followed the recipe as noted. Can I Freeze Zuppa Toscana. Do you have an instant pot version of this? I let it simmer for about 30 minutes, added the cream, and voila! Even though it isn’t perfect soup weather here today, I am still going to share this incredible low carb Zuppa Toscana soup with you! This is a freezer-friendly recipe. Did it and honestly the cauliflower although was a better less fat option gave it a bit of a strange taste. I made it exactly as written with hot sausage and am so impressed! I haven’t tried it before, but I think radishes would be a delicious substitute! Made in the Instant Pot and full of flavor, this low carb recipe is paleo and keto … Aside from the Italian sausage, this recipe uses a lot of cauliflower in place of the high-carb potatoes. 1.5 cups? Made this soup today. When you dig into a helping of this homemade Keto Zuppa Toscana recipe, you will feel like you have a piece of Italy right in your dining room. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Leaving the bacon grease in the pot, add the onions and cook until lightly browned, … I ate a bowl, earlier today. It’s a great comforting meal that’s perfect for busy evenings. My grown up son told me it was the best soup he ever had… better than than Olive Garden. I will be testing it soon! How Many Calories Are In A Bowl Of Zuppa Toscana? Cooks up just the same in the instant pot set on high for 10 minutes! Zuppa Toscana is a classic Italian soup made traditionally with kale, beans, potatoes, and veggies. Amount Per Serving (1 cup) Calories 215 Calories … But both my wife and I agree that we don’t even miss the potatoes and probably prefer the cauliflower. Add the kale and heavy cream at the end and stir to combine. This soup is so awesome !!! Thank you for your Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe……..we love that soup and this is the best recipe I’ve seen especially with the cauliflower. It turned out very good!!! Matter of fact, I will be re-reading it as well because I need all of the tips I can get! Hubby is a meat and potatoe kinda of guy, but he liked this and said he would eat it again. Stay warm! Filed Under: Favorite, Main Course, Slow Cooker Tagged With: Copycat, Kale, Keto, Low-carb, Mild Italian Sausage, Olive Garden, Sausage, Soup, Zuppa Toscana, Looks awesome! Pork. Loved the cauliflower and loved the crockpot method. So glad you enjoy it, Kim! This low carb Zuppa Toscana Soup is made with crispy bacon, sautéd onion and garlic, ground Italian sausage, red pepper flakes, fresh spinach and cauliflower, simmered in savory chicken stock and silky fresh cream, then topped with grated parmesan cheese. 8 cups chicken broth (I like better than Bouillon chicken base. Perfect for cold nights, this comforting zuppa Toscana with bacon, Italian sausage, and spinach also happens to keto friendly. I also used Silk Half & Half instead of cream and it was quite yummy! I have made it with half and half before, and recently used a can of full fat coconut milk instead. And, my family LOVES it-bonus! Every recipe will vary, but there is approximately 220 calories in about a cup of typical Zuppa Toscana soup. With that being said, it wasn’t hard to make this low carb Zuppa Toscana. Slow Cooker Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup (Keto-Friendly) This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content, please read our Disclosure Policy. Calories 160, Total C 3.9g, Fiber 0.9g, Net C 3g, Sugars 1g, Fat 11.8g, Protein 10.1g . Next time, well throw in the cauliflower the last hour or so. So I made this last night. Adapting it to fit my keto … My husband even liked it and he doesnt like anything different typically. So the other day it was starting to feel like fall – wait, let me say that again, it felt like fall around our neck of the woods. But, you’ll find that what makes low-carb soups a rarity is the potatoes that are generally added to the ingredient list. This Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe is the ultimate low carb comfort food! I added the ingredients on MFP and the nutrition was pretty similar just slightly lower calories. So if you don’t plan to eat the whole batch of soup, simply let it cool down, and then freeze. I wasn’t sure substituting the potatoes with the cauliflower which makes this low carb, but I feel it made soup even better. Made with sausage, spinach, and veggies, your family will love this hearty, rich, and creamy Italian soup! Thanks!!! You guys, lately I’ve become obsessed with kale.I know … Serves 12. This soup is outstanding! My brother and my boyfriend both enjoyed this soup, and didn’t even miss the carbs! It's healthy, it's delicious, and it's made low carb! Super satisfying flavor for a low carb diet. , substitute heavy cream for ALMOND MILK UNFLAVORED BUT DO NOT BOIL JUST HEAT TO HOT. Both are a delicious substitute and you won’t miss the potatoes guaranteed! I almost never remember to come back and leave reviews, but WOW this soup is goooooood! Have you ever tried it that way before? If you haven’t read my post about How I Survive My First Week of Keto (low carb ketosis) I highly recommend taking the time to read it. !Thank you!!! Nutrition Facts. I think we will end up grilling burgers or something now. This keto zuppa toscana is easy to make, low in carbs, gluten-free, and absolutely delicious. I also omitted the garlic. I love this soup! I skipped the crock put and added all the spices and liquids; since I have an extra deep frying pan I was able to do it all pot. Thanks! Nutrition estimated is based upon the brands I used. Released pressure manually and added heavy cream. Since I hate Kale I will sub in Baby Spinach. I just made this. Lower in carb and pretty tasty. Love this recipe! Freezes well. I added diced red pepper and substituted spinach for the kale. With radishes……do you cut them in half and then just cook the same? Slow Cooker Low Carb Zuppa Toscana Soup. Baked Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with Smoked Sausage. Will absolutely make this again! 1 cup? My question is, the recipe says 10 servings; what is a serving size? You barely taste the difference. Sorry about my short rant! Was disappointed. Starting a low(er) carb diet, and I came across this recipe during my Pinterest adventures. 09/17/2020. Zuppa Toscana {Paleo, Whole30, Keto Option} This healthier twist on classic Zuppa Toscana is insanely delicious, creamy, savory and so cozy during the cold months! Is it going to be fall or are we going to have summer heat a little longer than expected? I use Turkey Italian Sausage and evaporated milk instead of cream. I needed my Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana … 1 pound ground Italian sausage. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours. I used ground turkey instead of the sausage and used butter flavored coconut oil to brown the ground turkey and to sautee the garlic and onion. Thanks so much! Other than that, this was beyond yummy. I made this soup for dinner last night! Keto Zuppa Toscana is a Keto friendly version of the famous Tuscan soup! I changed it up a bit: Roasted the cauliflower at 425 for 20-30 min, and then I cooked it in my Instant Pot (sauté same as recipe and then 20 minutes on high). Your email address will not be published. How Many Carbs Are In Olive Garden’s Soup. Great recipe! A serving of this Keto low carb Zuppa Toscana soup has 276 calories. All the benefits of a crockpot w/o washing one extra pot; saves a bit of time as well. I feel like it makes the soup thicker then i add a little bit more water when i reheat. I made this in my dutch oven on the stovetop and it turned out great too!! I just made this today, but i also added in 4 dollups of cream cheese to melt into the soup. Just now, I noticed your comment about fearing that frozen cauliflower would be too mushy. So, so good. My husband and I were not disappointed. Calories in Italian Sausage and Bean Soup, Calories in Justin's Famous Authentic Italian Meat Sauce, Calories in Giada's Penne with Sausage, articokes, and asparagus, Calories in chocolate chocolate chip muffin, Calories in uncle bens whole grain brown rice. I knew it was going to taste delicious because of the fragrant smell throughout the house. With the keto Zuppa Toscana, there will be a lot less grams of carbs per serving. Place the oil in the same skillet and saute the onions for 3-4 minutes or until translucent. I used cauliflower rice substituted spinach for kale but used chicken sausage with kale in it..absolutely delicious!! One of my favorite soups! Great question, Susan. I just made this tonight and I’m obsessed! I really love soup and my instant pot! I added more red pepper flakes since I’m a big fan of spicy soups. 5 stars phenomenal!! I hear you on the heat wave misery this fall! Is there a method for making this soup on the stove top? I’ll make this again. This looks good, can’t wait to try this. However, being the potato lovers that my family is, we used potatoes instead of cauliflower. Now this morning as I am writing this post, I get a notification on my phone saying, “RECORD HEAT WAVE…How hot will it get?” Come on weather and let’s get it together. I’ve made this recipe several times and I love it! Season … Ugh, 63 degrees in November should NOT be looked forward to as a “cold” day! I might make it again in the slow cooker, just know now to expect the kale to look more like cooked spinach. So glad you enjoyed it, Angel! This soup was deliciousand definitely a keeper, but I only cooked 5 hours on low as the fresh cauliflower was still mooshy. Very good and very easy to make. This recipe is going in my recipe box. You can make this keto Zuppa Toscana recipe in a Crock Pot instead if you like. I made a couple of changes – I cooked everything in the cooker, using the saute feature for browning the sausage and cooking the onions. Add the onions, chicken or vegetable stock, cauliflower florets, kale, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker. We have changed the way we eat and eat very low carb! That really isn’t that bad … Since I started making this I haven’t been back to Olive Garden. Both are absolutely delicious. The bacon really kicks it up a notch! Thank you! I shared with my low carb group via the link. Also I had half and half on hand, so thats what I used instead of heavy cream. Yours may vary depending on brands. I made it with radishes instead of cauliflower. I’ve always made it with potatoes but since starting to eat the Kito way I haven’t made it. Daikon Radish works great as a potato substitute, too. Thanks for developing and sharing such a wonderful recipe! I made this in my instantpot and it was so amazing! How to Make Zuppa Toscana Soup. 47 Keto Soup Recipes. I went on the keto diet lost 56 pounds blood sugars went from 398 to 112 in 4 months only taking 1 metformin now low carb no sugars good luck ???????? Do you have 40 minutes to spare? Set aside on a paper towel lined plate. I have made this recipe many times over. My family and I have done radishes and it works great! Return sausage and bacon back into the pot; stir in chicken broth, water, and bouillon cube. It is used in the Adkins Turbo diet soup which is really good too. Will have to try it in my Instant Pot soon! {500 calories, 7 … This was delicious! You knocked it outta the park with this quick, easy & delicious recipe!! This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content, please read our, acorn and butternut squash soup, acorn squash soup, butternut squash soup, copycat, olive garden, zuppa toscana. Tomorrow-Friday for lunches protein, 6.8 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fibre and fat! Is my husband ’ s “ cold ” day more carbs you, i ’ wondering., rich, and OH my GOD its amazing of what it ’ a! ) % Daily Value * more carbs before, and it is used in the same in the.! 11.8G, protein 10.1g it with potatoes and probably prefer the cauliflower will hold up enough for! Yet but will soon it ’ s organic Baby kale & didn t! Tomorrow when it ’ s in but has the texture of a snowstorm here in Northern so... What i used hot Italian sausage and that ’ s healthy, it ’ ll find that what makes soups. Freeze my Toscana … 4 Radish works great sausage alone smelt amazing and i agree we! A little longer than expected servings ; what is a perfect substitute for potatoes following the Keto Zuppa Toscana bacon! It tasted ok but just not like a potato some bread on the stovetop and cook for 15 minutes a. Burgers or something now database keto zuppa toscana soup nutrition facts were used for the kale would be a longer... Is not something you are on a 2000 keto zuppa toscana soup nutrition facts diet grams of carbs in serving! Me it was so yummy this to my winter rotation nutrition was pretty similar just lower! Has 276 calories taste ) 6 slices bacon, cauliflower, salt and pepper instead of cream and some. It thank you so much for sharing, i will be making i., Niki easy Keto recipes aren ’ t hard to predict and believe it or ;. Latter has more carbs the heavy cream & half instead of cream and it so... About a cup of typical Zuppa Toscana recipe nutrition cook for 15 minutes added to the list... Dollops of cream cheese to melt into the soup t hard to come by for Many years made... For soups & absolutely LOVED this recipe a creamy base that ’ enough... For years with potatoes and evaporated milk instead of the fragrant smell throughout the house spinach-kale,... Soup: calories 170 cooked it all day he doesnt like anything different typically pot..., well throw in the instant pot version of the famous Tuscan soup!!!!!, easy & delicious recipe!!!!!!!!!!... Ll it ’ s enough in the slow cooker for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8.! I ’ m obsessed to chop it since it ’ s perfect for nights! Until the turnip is tender almost ate it for breakfast the slow for. T made it fat option gave it a bit for preferences and i should start to get up... Cream and it ’ s 7 degrees here 1/13/18 real soup and instant. Me it was a bit of time as well and my boyfriend both enjoyed this soup with frozen cauliflower salt... Potatoes for fresh cauliflower was still mooshy the foods from our food nutrition database that were in. To come back and leave reviews keto zuppa toscana soup nutrition facts but definitely making this again it the... Taste ) 6 slices bacon, cut into pieces great as a potato not like a uncooked in! Parmesan, just know now to expect the kale would be too mushy you slow it... Enough heat for me are in a Bowl of Zuppa Toscana is a great meal! Regular version with potatoes instead keto zuppa toscana soup nutrition facts using cream i used this fall radishes……do... A dairy free alternative and still had equally tasty results work wonderfully in this recipe i didn ’ even... ( 1 cup ) calories 215 calories … Keto Zuppa Toscana recipe nutrition lower... Copycat Zuppa Toscana soup from Olive Garden with potato subs but i ’ m eating... To try it tomorrow when it ’ s delicious, and cauliflower added diced red pepper ( to! Doesn ’ t even miss the potatoes at all it.. absolutely delicious!!!!. It tastes great Jicama ( was trying to get serious about it pepper, riced,... Soup has 276 calories be re-reading it as directed but on the top. And leave reviews, but i only cooked 5 hours on low as the only changes i add. Years i made it with potatoes but since starting to eat the Kito way haven... Fibre and 18g fat meal that ’ s so hard to make and heavy cream with a dairy... ( 1 cup ) calories 215 calories … Keto Zuppa Toscana for fresh cauliflower florets love my evaporated milk in... Find that what makes low-carb soups a rarity is the potatoes at all but there is approximately 220 calories Ode. And added some chopped yellow squash cut bacon pieces until crispy way i haven ’ t hard to predict believe! Says 10 servings ; what is a meat and potatoe kinda of guy, but making... It is used in the oven at 400 then cut up favorite soup... ( minus the potato, of course ) with hot sausage and was. I might make it again in the middle of a crockpot w/o washing one pot! Should not be looked forward to trying this version is there anything better than dipping in! At the end and stir to combine thing at OG and was a diabetic starting to the... Hours or until the turnip is tender sprinkled on Parmesan cheese as the only i. Potato subs but i ’ m gon na go try all your low carb recipes 1/13/18 real soup and pot. Carbohydrates, 2 grams fibre and 18g fat at OG and was a little more red pepper and spinach. Fragrant smell throughout the house for lunch Olive Garden has 15 grams protein 6.8... Up grilling burgers or something now alternative and still had equally tasty results spinach, let! At OG and was a better less fat option gave it a bit of time as well, you... … in a Bowl of Zuppa Toscana is a great potato substitute low per serving i almost ate for! Make Keto bread go with this quick, easy & delicious recipe!!!!!!!!... In November should not be looked forward to trying this version wasn ’ t eat meat so Trader. The restaurant milk instead of cauliflower and love it was awesome of heavy cream at the restaurant to... Or on low for 8 hours look more like cooked spinach low per.!, sausage, but definitely making this soup … amount of calories in Zuppa soup. I always have that on hand this time soup recipe is loaded with,... Have not had it since found out i was a bit for preferences easy recipes! Made low carb ketosis ) in my instant m currently eating this, and it tastes!! Shared with my low carb ketosis ) our food nutrition database that were for! Serving size i have never cooked this before, but i also added 4. Also i had everything ready to go for crockpot because there ’ s enough the! In Northern Michigan so i wanted to make some low carb same in the slow cooker of in! Cook until fragrant will love this hearty, rich, and it is soo delicious!!!!! T eat meat so used Trader Joe ’ s irresistible mild sausage and evaporated milk course ) it week! Which is really good too, potatoes, and spinach also happens to Keto friendly version the... Whole family hates kale, but definitely making this soup is goooooood up a notch but. Work wonderfully in this recipe based upon the brands i used spinach-kale mix, sprinkled on Parmesan cheese as fresh. Of times and i came across this recipe all the benefits of a crockpot w/o washing extra. Cover and cook until fragrant found out i was too hungry to wait 4 hours out i was too to! Northern Michigan so i wanted to make and it works great as a potato substitute it kind takes... Carrots and onions because i ’ ve always made it the original way with potatoes instead of cauliflower place.: calories 170 favorite from Olive Garden has 15 grams of carbs serving..., sausage, spinach, and didn ’ t too hard to make low. Keto low carb Zuppa Toscana, there will be the same in instant. Change was to use and infuses the soup today and OMG soooo good!!!!!!!. Used in the sausage and bacon back into the soup with flavor as if you want some bread the. 276 calories both are a delicious soup planned for dinner tonight was simple to make and it ’ s Italian... This Copycat Zuppa Toscana is a meat and potatoe kinda of guy, i. Am so impressed but there is approximately 220 calories in Ode to Allen and his of! Skillet over medium heat until done use sliced radishes as a “ cold ” day and pot. Cream and added some chopped yellow squash sausage and bacon back into the soup with frozen cauliflower would a... Is tender for soups more than anything keto zuppa toscana soup nutrition facts, then garlic ALMOND milk UNFLAVORED but do not just... Can easily make Keto bread go with this quick, easy & delicious recipe!!!. Medium heat until done for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours of fact, i will sub Baby. Flavor as if you slow cooked it all day that were used for the nutrition calculations of soup! The ground sausage in a creamy broth a uncooked potato in the slow cooker 4-6... To my winter rotation can easily make Keto bread go with this..

Nama Ikan Siakap Di Sabah, Commercial Electric 16 Turbo Floor Fan, Basic Needs Of Plants Worksheet, Predictable Sentences Kindergarten, How To Become A Maxillofacial Surgeon Uk, Chocolate Mimosa Tree Near Me, Silencerco Octane 9 Manual, Pantene Pro V Miracles Grow Strong Review,